As the name shows, it's a camera dedicated to sports. Although our intelligent mobile phone possess the function to take the HD video, sometimes it may not convenient to use the telephone to take a photo or video. For example, the phone can't take the portable video and it doesn't have the waterproof function. Thus, if you want to record the moment when you are traveling or doing the sport, it needs to rely on more professional equipment.
The requirement of the sports camera
· Lightness. In general, the sports camera need to be worn in the body, so the sense of weight can't be too much heavier. Most of the products in the market are around 100g.
· Three antiï¼ˆWaterproof / dust-proof / crash). The protection level depends on the technique of the manufacturers.
· Shooting clear. Sports camera shooting mainly depends on the master chip, image sensor and lens. If only consider the factor of high pixel, it may not shoot clear.
· The colorful accessories. Only the accessories is colorful can we tie the camera to our head, fix it on the bike or wear it on the dog to take the shocked video. In a word, it can show its fascination when we liberate our hands.
· Outstanding anti-shake function.
· Simple operating way.
In summary, the camera is a small, portable, waterproof, shock-proof camera. This kind of sports camera was widely on extreme sport (Surfing, skiing, limit biking and parachuting) usage. In the area of the sports camera, GoPro had always occupied the top one. However, the traditional video equipment manufacturers have begun to launch a variety of portable camera products with their own different characteristics.
Next, we'll suggest some reliable camera for you. EKEN, a high-tech company specializing in designing and manufacturing innovative products of Action Cameras and Car DVRs, provides comprehensive, customized solutions to customers, won a leading reputation in electronic and technology industries.
The comparison of EKEN H8 PRO and EKEN H8 Plus
Eken H8 Pro features the Sony IMX078 image sensor, while Eken H8 Plus is equipped with Sony IMX117. Both of them feature the new Ambarella A12S75 chipset, which allows to record true videos and to shoot 12MP photos.
Both the Eken H8 Pro and Plus have two displays, one large rear 2 ″ where we can see what is in the frame and change settings or review videos and photos recorded, and one small front screen where we can see the recording time, mode, and the resolution in use. The rear screen is no touch screen in any of the two versions. H8 Plus has also a gyro stabilizer or EIS (electronic image stabilizer).
Both the H8 Plus and H8 Pro are supplied with a remote control, and have a 1050mAh battery which can record about an hour at 4K resolution @ 30fps and 1080p @ 60fps. You can find additional batteries for less than 10 $. The videos are stored on a micro SD card up to 32GB. They also have WiFi, EZ app to control the cam via the phone, micro HDMI and micro USB output.